NTA UGC NET
UGC-NET: Eligibility Test for Assistant Professors and Junior Research Fellowships
• UGC-NET is a test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to determine eligibility for Assistant Professors and Junior Research Fellowships in Indian universities.
• The test is conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT).
• The award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Assistant Professorship depends on the candidate's performance in Paper-I and Paper-II of UGC-NET.
• Candidates qualifying only for Assistant Professorship are not eligible for JRF.
• UGC-NET is conducted twice a year (June & December).
• NTA and UGC are conducting UGC NET December 2023 in 83 subjects across the country.